As the orthopaedic providers in the region, the doctors and staff at Orthopaedic Associates have proudly provided orthopaedic care for our athletic community and their fans since 1988. As members of this community, where we live and raise our own families, we have dedicated our time, resources, and expertise to support all athletes in this region.
Donald D. Chipman, M.D.
To view more patient reviews and ratings for Dr. Chipman, please click below.
Physician AssistantElizabeth Boynton, A.P.R.N.
Dr. Donald Chipman is a fellowship-trained and board-certified pain medicine specialist. He specializes in pain management procedures, such as spinal cord stimulator trials and implantations, lumbar discography, and facet radiofrequency ablation. He joined Orthopaedic Associates in August 2015.
Dr. Chipman graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in biology and then did a postgraduate study in developmental biology at The University of Alabama. He earned his Doctor of Medicine degree from The University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine.
After medical school, Dr. Chipman completed his internship in internal medicine at the University of Kentucky and his residency in anesthesiology at the University of Florida. Dr. Chipman underwent additional specialty training in the form of a fellowship in pain medicine at the Medical University of South Carolina. Dr. Chipman is a member of the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians and the Florida Society of Interventional Pain Physicians and is board-certified in anesthesiology and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology.
When Dr. Chipman is not seeing patients, he enjoys cooking, traveling, drumming, fishing, boating, and reading.
Dr. Chipman is available to see patients at our locations in Fort Walton Beach, Destin, Niceville, and Crestview.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL, 1992
- Postgraduate Study in Developmental Biology: The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL, 1994 – 1996
- Doctor of Medicine: The University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL, 2000
- Internal Medicine Internship: University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, 2000 – 2001
- Anesthesiology Residency: University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 2001 – 2004
- Pain Medicine Fellowship: Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, 2004 – 2005
- Board-Certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Management: American Board of Anesthesiology
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- Florida Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
1034 Mar Walt Drive
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
36474C Emerald Coast Parkway
Destin, FL 32541
554-D Twin Cities Boulevard
Niceville, FL 32578
5300 South Ferdon Boulevard
Crestview, FL 32536