Brandon Cook, M.D., fellowship-trained spine surgeon, joined Orthopaedic Associates on Aug. 1. Dr. Cook is available to see patients at the practice’s offices in Fort Walton Beach, located at 1034 Mar Walt Drive, in Destin, located at 36474C Emerald Coast Parkway, Suite 3101, and in Niceville, located at 554-D Twin Cities Blvd. Patients in need of specialized back, neck and spine care are encouraged to call 850-863-2153 to schedule an appointment.
Brandon Cook, M.D.
To view more patient reviews and ratings for Dr. Cook, please click below.
Fellowship-trained orthopaedic spine surgeon Dr. Brandon Cook is a Florida native who joined Orthopaedic Associates in 2019. Dr. Cook has completed extensive clinical and surgical training to offer advanced back, neck, and spine care. His expertise includes the treatment of degenerative problems, trauma, tumors, infections, and deformities of the spine.
After graduating with a bachelor’s degree in biology from Florida State University in Tallahassee, Dr. Cook stayed in Tallahassee to earn a medical degree from the Florida State University College of Medicine. He went on to the Ochsner Clinic Foundation in New Orleans, Louisiana, where he completed his orthopaedic surgery residency. During his residency, he served on the Ochsner Journal Research Review Board and provided physicals and game coverage as part of the Ochsner Sports Medicine Program.
Before beginning his fellowship training, Dr. Cook remained at the Ochsner Clinic Foundation to serve as the staff attending for the Ochsner orthopaedic residency and taught residents at the charity hospital Leonard J. Chabert Medical Center. He then spent a year at Leatherman Spine Center in Louisville, Kentucky, where he did intensive specialized training in spine surgery under some of the top spine surgeons in the country.
Dr. Cook enjoys spending his extra time with family and friends doing outdoor activities such as boating, fishing, and hiking. Both Dr. Cook and his wife are from Niceville; they are proud to call our area their home and are committed to the community.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, 2009
- Doctor of Medicine: Florida State University College of Medicine, Tallahassee, FL, 2013
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Ochsner Clinic Foundation, New Orleans, LA, 2013 – 2018
- Orthopaedic Spine Surgery Fellowship: Leatherman Spine Center, Louisville, KY, 2018 – 2019
- Anterior Cervical Decompression Fusion
- Posterior Cervical Decompression Fusion
- Anterior Interbody Fusion
- Lateral Interbody Fusion
- Transforaminal Interbody Fusion
- Posterior Lateral Fusion
- Open Reduction Internal Fixation
- Intramedullary Nailing
- Florida Orthopaedic Society
- North American Spine Society
- Southern Orthopaedic Association
36474C Emerald Coast Parkway
Destin, FL 32541
554-D Twin Cities Boulevard
Niceville, FL 32578
1034 Mar Walt Drive
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547