Fellowship-trained and board-certified orthopaedic surgeon Dr. James Watt specializes in hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder surgery and is also a sports medicine, arthroscopy, and general orthopaedics expert. He joined Orthopaedic Associates in September 2012.
Dr. Watt received his Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from Des Moines University in Des Moines, Iowa. He then completed an orthopaedic surgery internship and residency at Ohio University in Columbus, Ohio.
Highly skilled in advanced treatments for the upper extremity, Dr. Watt specializes in both surgical and nonsurgical advanced treatment techniques.
Among other treatment approaches, Dr. Watt specializes in performing:
- Mini-open carpal tunnel release
- Large and small joint replacement of the upper extremity
- Shoulder, elbow, and wrist arthroscopy
- Tendon transfers, repairs, and reconstruction surgeries, fractures of the upper extremity
- Reverse total shoulder arthroplasty
- XIAFLEX® and steroid injections
Dr. Watt diagnoses and treats a wide array of hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder injuries and conditions, including but not limited to:
- AC (acromioclavicular) joint arthritis
- Basal joint osteoarthritis
- Biceps tendonitis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- De Quervain’s tenosynovitis
- Dislocations of the shoulder, elbow, and hand
- Dupuytren’s contracture
- Elbow pain
- Elbow trauma
- Fractures of the hand, fingers, shoulder blade
- Frozen shoulder
- Ganglion cysts
- Hand pain
- Hand trauma
- Hyperextension of the elbow
- Lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- Medial epicondylitis (golfer’s elbow)
- SLAP tears
- Rheumatoid arthritis of the hand
- Rotator cuff tears
- Shoulder pain
- Shoulder trauma
- Sprains and strains of the upper extremity
- Throwing injuries
- Trauma to the hand
- Wrist pain
- Wrist trauma
When Dr. Watt is not seeing patients, he enjoys running, cycling, spending time on the water, and spending time with his wife and daughter. He also enjoys serving as team doctor for South Walton High School.
Dr. Watt is available to see patients at our locations in Fort Walton Beach and Niceville.