As the orthopaedic providers in the region, the doctors and staff at Orthopaedic Associates have proudly provided orthopaedic care for our athletic community and their fans since 1988. As members of this community, where we live and raise our own families, we have dedicated our time, resources, and expertise to support all athletes in this region.
Jason W. Thackeray, M.D., F.A.C.S.
To view more patient reviews and ratings for Dr. Thackeray, please click below.
A native of Gulf Breeze, Florida, Dr. Jason Thackeray joined Orthopaedic Associates in 2002. Dr. Thackeray, a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon, specializes in ankle, elbow, foot, fracture care, hand, hip, joint replacement, knee, shoulder, sports medicine, wrist, and orthobiologics.
Dr. Thackeray received his Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Florida College of Medicine. He completed an internship in general surgery and his residency in orthopaedic surgery at Shands Hospital at the University of Florida.
When he is not seeing patients, he enjoys golfing, hunting, boating, training, traveling, participating in charity work, and spending time with his family. As a former athlete, he enjoys serving as the head team physician for the North West Florida Raiders.
- Bachelor of Science, Summa Cum Laude: Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, 1993
- Honors Program in Medical Sciences: Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, 1994
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL, 1997
- General Surgery Internship: Shands Hospital at the University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 1997 – 1998
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Shands Hospital at the University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 1998 – 2002
- Arthroscopy & Sports Medicine
- Adult Reconstruction, Joint Replacement
- Fracture Surgery
- Surgery of the Foot & Ankle
- Hand & Upper Extremity
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Okaloosa County Medical Society
- Emerald Coast Health Alliance
- Florida Orthopaedic Society
- Florida Medical Association
5300 South Ferdon Boulevard
Crestview, FL 32536
1034 Mar Walt Drive
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
36474C Emerald Coast Parkway
Destin, FL 32541
554-D Twin Cities Boulevard
Niceville, FL 32578