The robotic joint replacement specialists at Orthopaedic Associates — the region’s most preferred orthopaedic practice — are the first in the region to offer knee replacements using the innovative ROSA Knee System from Zimmer Biomet. Performed at Surgical Specialists, ASC, at 1034 Mar Walt Drive, Orthopaedic Associates’ practice president and fellowship-trained, board-certified joint replacement specialist Dr.
Mark J. Tenholder, M.D.
To view more patient reviews and ratings for Dr. Tenholder, please click below.
Physician AssistantRick Sneller, P.A.-C.
Fellowship-trained and board-certified in joint replacement and revision, orthopaedic surgery, adult reconstruction, arthroscopy and sports medicine, and minimally invasive surgery, Dr. Mark Tenholder specializes in ankle, elbow, foot, general orthopaedics, hand, hip, joint replacement and revision, knee, shoulder, sports medicine, and wrist. He joined Orthopaedic Associates in August 2004.
Dr. Tenholder graduated with honors from the University of Florida College of Medicine. He then completed an orthopaedic surgery internship and residency at the Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, North Carolina. Dr. Tenholder went on to complete an orthopaedic surgery fellowship at the Insall Scott Kelly Institute in New York, New York. Dr. Tenholder also has advanced education and training in performing Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted orthopaedic procedures. Please use the button below to learn more about Mako.
In his free time, Dr. Tenholder enjoys spending time with his wife and children, golfing, boating, fishing, spending time at the beach, snow skiing, and water skiing. He also enjoys serving as a team physician for Choctawhatchee High School.
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, 1991
- Bachelor of Science With Honors: University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 1993
- Doctor of Medicine With Honors: University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL, 1997
- Orthopaedic Surgery Internship: Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC, 1997 – 1998
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC, 1999 – 2003
- Research Fellowship: Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC, 1998 – 1999
- Orthopaedic Surgery Fellowship in Adult Reconstruction, Joint Replacement, Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine, and Minimally Invasive Surgery: Insall Scott Kelly Institute, New York, NY, 2003 – 2004
- Arthritis and Joint Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Computer-Navigated Surgery
- Gender-Specific Surgery
- Alternative Bearing Hip Replacement
- Sports Medicine and Ligament Reconstruction
- Orthopaedic Trauma and Fracture Surgery
- General Adult and Pediatric Orthopaedics
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Emerald Coast Health Alliance
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Florida Orthopaedic Society
- Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast Joint Replacement Center
- Fort Walton Beach, Niceville, Destin Chambers of Commerce
- Fort Walton Beach Medical Center Joint Replacement Center
5300 South Ferdon Boulevard
Crestview, FL 32536
1034 Mar Walt Drive
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
36474C Emerald Coast Parkway
Destin, FL 32541
554-D Twin Cities Boulevard
Niceville, FL 32578