Orthopaedic Associates is proud to be the first orthopaedic practice in the region to offer procedures utilizing Mako SmartRobotics™. Our own board-certified orthopaedic surgeons Dr. Mark Tenholder, Dr. Jacob Seales, and Dr. David Dean have received additional specialty training in the use of this new technology to perform partial knee replacement (unicompartmental knee arthroplasty), total knee replacement (total knee arthroplasty), and total hip replacement (total hip arthroplasty).
The Mako robotic-arm assisted surgery is designed to provide the patient with a natural-feeling new joint. It uses a real-time operative guidance system and preoperative plans that are completely customized to each patient’s unique anatomy. Mako robotic-arm assisted technology provides patients with a personalized surgical plan using a 3-D model of the patient’s hip or knee to assist the surgeon in performing total hip replacement, partial knee replacement, and total knee replacement procedures.
Benefits of Mako robotic-arm assisted technology include:
- Available to local and regional patients
- Implants designed for natural, normal movement
- Less pain and a quicker recovery than traditional joint replacements
- Personalized surgical plans based on your anatomy for longer-lasting joints
- System aids in implant placement and soft-tissue balancing, reducing the risk of complications
- Increased patient satisfaction and better function
Use the buttons below to learn more.
Click here to view a video from Fort Walton Beach Medical Center featuring Dr. Tenholder and the use of Mako robotic-arm assisted technology.