J. Ryan Cotton, M.D.
To view more patient reviews and ratings for Dr. Cotton, please click below.
Dr. J. Ryan Cotton is fellowship-trained and board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He has served patients in Florida since 2010. Dr. Cotton joined Orthopaedic Associates in 2022. He offers adult and pediatric patients specialized orthopaedic sports medicine care, including diagnosis and treatment for injuries and conditions of the ankle, elbow, hand, hip, knee, shoulder, and wrist.
After receiving his Bachelor of Science degree in biology from Berry College in Mount Berry, Georgia, Dr. Cotton earned his medical degree from the University of South Alabama College of Medicine in Mobile. He went on to undergo orthopaedic surgery residency training at the University of Florida College of Medicine – Jacksonville and later completed a sports medicine fellowship at the Hughston Clinic in Columbus, Georgia.
Dr. Cotton takes great joy in helping relieve pain and restore ability for his patients. He also helps local athletes through volunteer sports medicine coverage for area high school football. In his time apart from providing specialized care, Dr. Cotton is an avid tennis player and also enjoys snowboarding, computers, and scuba diving.
Dr. Cotton is available to see patients at our location in Panama City.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: Berry College, Mount Berry, GA, 2000
- Doctor of Medicine: University of South Alabama College of Medicine, Mobile, AL, 2004
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of Florida College of Medicine, Jacksonville, FL, 2004 – 2009
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: Hughston Clinic, Columbus, GA, 2009 – 2010
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Florida Orthopaedic Society
1827 Harrison Avenue
Panama City, FL 32405