Garrick W. Cason, M.D.
Fellowship-trained and board-certified orthopaedic surgeon Dr. Garrick Cason specializes in back, neck, and spine surgery. He joined Orthopaedic Associates in 2023.
Dr. Cason earned his Bachelor of Science degree in psychology from Millsaps College in Jackson, Mississippi, before attending The University of Mississippi School of Medicine for his Doctor of Medicine degree. After medical school, he went on to complete his residency in orthopaedic surgery at The University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine in Chattanooga. Dr. Cason chose to undergo additional specialty training through a fellowship in spine surgery at the William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan.
With his extensive training, Dr. Cason provides individualized treatment plans that meet his patients’ needs. He applies the most conservative interventions possible and educates patients on their condition. When surgery is necessary, he utilizes the least invasive operative intervention possible to maximize outcomes and improve postoperative recovery.
When Dr. Cason is not seeing patients, he enjoys fishing, boating, exercise, and spending time with his wife and three boys.
Dr. Cason is available to see patients at our location in Panama City.
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology: Millsaps College, Jackson, MS, 1995
- Doctor of Medicine: The University of Mississippi School of Medicine, Jackson, MS, 2004
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: The University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine, Chattanooga, TN, 2004 – 2009
- Spinal Surgery Fellowship: William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI, 2009 – 2010
- Adult and pediatric scoliosis/deformity surgery
- Cervical decompressions and cervical fusions
- Cervical disc arthroplasty
- Minimally invasive surgical approaches
- Thoracic and lumbar decompressions and fusions