Chad Mitchell, M.D.
To view more patient reviews and ratings for Dr. Mitchell, please click below.
Fellowship-trained and board-certified orthopaedic surgeon Dr. Chad Mitchell has served as a specialty-trained surgeon to adult and pediatric patients in Panama City, Florida, and surrounding areas since 2000. He joined Orthopaedic Associates in 2022 and specializes in treatment for conditions of the ankle, elbow, hand, hip, knee, shoulder, and wrist as well as in joint replacement and sports medicine care.
Born in Columbus, Georgia, Dr. Mitchell graduated summa cum laude from Columbus State University with a bachelor’s degree in chemistry. He later earned his medical degree at The University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine.
After medical school, Dr. Mitchell completed a general surgery internship and orthopaedic surgery residency at Louisiana State University Health Shreveport. Dr. Mitchell then chose to pursue additional specialty training and underwent fellowship training in pediatric orthopaedic surgery.
Dr. Mitchell holds certification in orthopaedic surgery as well as a Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine from the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He also proudly covers sporting events as a sideline physician in Bay County.
Dr. Mitchell is available to see patients at our location in Panama City.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry: Columbus State University, Columbus, GA, 1990
- Doctor of Medicine: The University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL, 1994
- General Surgery Internship: Louisiana State University Health, Shreveport, LA, 1994 – 1995
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Louisiana State University Health, Shreveport, LA, 1995 – 1999
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery Fellowship: Shriners Hospitals for Children, Shreveport, LA, 1999 – 2000
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement